Banging It Out and Getting It Done

Last week I kvetched a little about the quality of my work. I was given an enormous project that is about five times the size of what I normally work on with the caveat that I had to turn it around in little to no time.

What I really needed was about four days to do it and to do it well. Instead I received 2.5 days and had to complete that along with all of my regular work.

Now that I have had some time to reflect upon it I feel better about it, but not great. I am good under pressure and I can produce things quickly so I know that relatively speaking the work is solid. However I am also a realist and I know that my competition does not have to try as hard as I do because the client favors them and if I want to compete I need to step it up a little.

This is where my concern came from because I don't view my performance as having been at the level I want it to be so that I can not only gain their attention but earn their business. Now the proposal has been handed in and the trick is to try and convince them to schedule a meeting to walk through it. If I can make that happen I am confident that good things will happen.

In the interim I am feeling a little frantic because I just had five projects dropped onto my lap and they are all due during the Chag. I am not coming in here Tuesday or Wednesday. It is just not going to happen, so once again I am placed in a position in which I am going to bang it out and hope for the best.

Tomorrow while I daven I'll ask for many things and at the end I'll include a special request to help me with this. If you happen to see someone break out into a poor man's rendition of "If I were A Rich Man" don't be alarmed it is just me.

4 comments:

Mara said...

Good luck dude... that's a way bad deadline.. ick.

Lil Bit said...

How in the world do you find the time to do all of these projects & also be the blogging fiend that you are? Good GRIEF, man! LOl

Lil Bit said...

Oh... and as if you haven't had ENOUGH to do, you've just been tagged. Check out my blog. 10 (TEN!!) memes to choose from. Take yo pick... if you're up for it, that is. =)

Jack Steiner said...

Thanks AWP.

LB,

I write very quickly so it is easy for me to post with this kind of frequency.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...