Picking on The Shmata Queen

I am going to pick on The Shmata Queen for a moment. We all know that she has questionable taste in music, an unexplicable fascination with dying cities and a strange obsession with monkeys but she is also under the misguided belief that she is a poor writer.

You really do not have to be able to write like Hemingway or Dickens to be considered a good writer. Within the blogosphere there are a thousand examples of very poor writers and a paltry number of excellent. The place that lies in between is occupied by millions of bloggers of varying degrees of ability.

I would say that the queen is a solid writer and does a fine job of expressing herself. She has her own style and a clear tone of voice.

Her biggest problem is her failure to recognize that so many writers dislike their own work. I look at most of my posts and shudder because I think that they are quite bad. There really are very few that I think are remotely close to being good.

Writing requires practice and like anything if you put in some time you will see the results of your efforts. So keep it up Shmata Queen and you will be rewarded with a nice banana.

Tag:

9 comments:

Stacey said...

Awww Jacko, thank you! This is especially meaningful to me since I consider you to be such as a fine writer.

And how did you know that bananas are my favorite fruit!?

Ezzie said...

No gratuitous Cleveland jokes? I'm disappointed...

Jack Steiner said...

Stacey,

I speak fluent monkey and am gifted in interspecie relations. ;)

Ezzie,

Even I feel badly sometimes about beating up a helpless and hopeless city, especially when the SQ lived in Parma. ;)

PsychoToddler said...

I second (or third or fourth) your comment about Stacey's writing talent, speaking as one who has questionable talent himself. At least she has a good grasp of grammar.

However I must disagree with you, Jack, about her taste in music. I think it is impeccable.

Jack Steiner said...

Steve, Mike or Mordecai,

She has one or two solid bands, but Barry Manilow is @%@$^$^%@^%$@@ yuck.

Stacey said...

I never lived in Parma. No Jews do.

PT: Thanks!!

Jack: At least I am not stuck in the 80's. Yeech.

Jack Steiner said...

Monkey Queen,

You know full well that my collection is far more extensive than that and you have told me on more than one occasion about the 80s' music that you do like. Can you say Culture Club?

Why not invite them to play at another party. Hee hee.

Stacey said...

I do not like the Culture Club. I did for like 5 minutes when I was 15.

You, on the other hand, are stuck in the over-synthesized, over-echoed sounds of a decade whose music sucked.

Gimme the Beatles any day. Gimmer CCR. The 60's and 70's music is where it's at.

Jack Steiner said...

I own all that music and much more. It is called having the ability to reach out and appreciate many different styles of music, George.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...