Bush Calls Human Rights Report 'Absurd'

I have some strong opinions on this topic and not enough time to review all of them.

WASHINGTON -President Bush called a human rights report "absurd" for criticizing the United States' detention of terrorist suspects at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, and said Tuesday the allegations were made by "people who hate America."

Ok, I can live with absurd but the line about people who hate America just rubs me the wrong way. To me it elicits the worst images and generates a bad impression and I am someone who has always supported the war.

There are better ways to address this topic than to make comments that are so simplistic in nature.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am afraid that is the standard response of this administration to any criticism. Question anything and you are accused of hating America or being unpatriotic.

Jack Steiner said...

Hippies are everywhere. ;)

Anonymous said...

I prefer to think of myself as a French woman in disguise.

Wait.

I must take a sip of my latte and park my Saab.

Heh.

Jack Steiner said...

Nah, I don't see you as French. Too much common sense and not nearly arrogant enough.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...