Scientists Watch for Antarctic Iceberg Collision

"CANBERRA (Reuters) - Scientists were watching on Monday for a collision between a giant iceberg and an Antarctic glacier, which could free up sea lanes to America's McMurdo Station and help penguins reach crucial feeding areas.

The iceberg B15-A, which is about 100 miles long and contains enough drinking water to supply the world for several months, was once part of the major B15 iceberg which broke off the Ross Ice Shelf on the edge of Antarctica five years ago."

This is the kind of thing that gets me going, a good crash and it is not my fault. An iceberg that is 100 miles long, that is pretty intense.

No comments:

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...