Dear Jack- I Have UnBlogrolled You

I received an email early this a.m. telling me that I had been unblogrolled, but there was no mention of why. I found the note a little peculiar as there was no reason given for unblogrolling me.

What really makes it strange to me is that I had no idea that they had blogrolled me in the first place and now when I receive this note from them I haven't the foggiest idea what they want from me, if anything.

So fellow blogger, if you happen to read this I am not going to respond to you via email, but I will not out you here either. But let me point out a couple of things for you.

I do not consider it an obligation for anyone to blogroll me or for me to reciprocate if you do. If you ask me to blogroll you, I very well might, but for the most part I have tried to limit that to blogs I read consistently.

It is a bit of a challenge because among all the flotsam and jetsam there are quite a few that I think are interesting, more than I really have time to read. I expect that over time you will see my list grow larger than it is today, but it may not. Who knows.

In any case, since you did not provide any sort of reason I will create one for you. You have held a secret crush on me. Daily you would wonder what I am doing, what I am wearing and will we meet. Alas one day you found out that my heart was pledged to someone else and disappointed you have unblogrolled me because you are trying to mend your broken heart.

Or maybe you just dislike my politics, either way you have electronically removed me from your blog/life. Just remember, a clean break is the best. ;)

7 comments:

Jack Steiner said...

Hi Vince,

I tend to read your blog on a regular basis, so it made sense to link it so that I didn't have to keep searching for it.

Rick,

I try not to look behind me because I just might see that whatever it is that is chasing me is catching up, not to mention the whole salt thing. Biblical punishments are ever so intense.

shadowbox said...

Ha! It takes a special kind of narcissists to email someone to say they've been deblogrollerated.

Unknown said...

I "unblogrolled" Jack as well!

I did it out of spite... because I was aware that a lot of people were clicking on the link... and he had not reciprocated the link...

So is the way of the world!

Jack Steiner said...

Spite is a dangerous tbing to play with.

Unknown said...

Ahhh, come on, Jack! It called facetious sarcasm!

Lioness said...

I like the sound of "tbing" myself. TBING! The sound of blounrolling.

Found this post through Stacey, imagine. People should stop blogging when I don't have access to computers, I never manage to catch up. Blah.

Anyway, you know what I think abrt this, :DDD. But yes, I'd say he had a crush on you. But it's sort of the equivalent of ringing a stranger and telling him "Our relationship is over" isn't it. A bit sad.

Jack Steiner said...

A crush on me? Could be, stranger things have happened.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...